Monday, January 4, 2010

My projects as of late...

First, I have to say that I finished my brother's quilt. My camera's battery died so I didn't get any photos before I had to send it off to the MTC, but I'm proud of the work that I did on that blanket. So remember how I wanted to make Nautical stars that looked something like this:Well I have been working on sewing up some stars and this is what I have...10 light blue-dark blue with light orange to dark orange and 10 light green to dark green with light purple to dark purple. I'm also making some stars that are just solid colors. This has been a fun project so far because it is my go to project. I like all of the colors and I am really excited to see how this turns out. I know that it will be a while before I finish this because it's just something to do when I have time and money....(which I have very little of these days)Top view. So I've cut out 5 points of each color (5 different of each; 5 different shades of blue, orange, green and purple) then you cut them in half which makes it so that I have 100 different single pieces to sew and then when I've put them all together I have 10 stars of each set so a total of 20 stars...but I feel like there are so many pieces to put together.These are some of the solid stars I've been working on. I don't know where they are going to fit into the project because I was thinking that I would switch the colors up and make some stars that were purple and yellow and blue and green that are the nautical kind.
On another note, I thought I would NOT be able to go to school at all this semester because of the hubs taking the LSAT one last final time but it looks like I will be able to go part time. I won't be finished by the end of summer but at least I will be a few classes closer to my goal. I have to give myself credit because it does get really tricky when I have to have lessons ready for work, Ethan schooling, my homework done for school and tests studied for, on top of regular house work, laundry while nursing a 5 month old baby. I need to remind myself that I was blessed to have kids while I had the energy to take care of them. Schools will always be around where my kids are growing up NOW, and I really don't want to miss out on the important things that are happening in their lives.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Look at you! All crafty and stuff! Congrats! I want to see a pic of the finished product! Chase got me a sewing machine for Xmas, I have a lot to learn though! :)

Home for Rent said...

I'm really impressed! Your stars look GREAT!