Saturday, October 24, 2009
Dancing like nobody is watching
Before I had kids I would have said that I didn't get emotional very often. After having my first baby that totally changed things. With having a baby recently I would have to say I'm down right sappy. The other day I was getting ready for the day and I was listening to my ipod, when my oldest came into the bathroom wanting to change the Pandora to the Walt Disney Family Station we had fun dancing to songs like "I just can't wait to be King" from the Lion King, and "Be Our Guest" from Beauty and the Beast. We were having fun singing and dancing along and spending some one on one time while the baby was asleep. For me it was great because I was getting something done while spending time having fun with my kiddo. The original "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" song started to play when my son said, "Mommy dance with me." I picked him up and he held one of my hands up while we danced. He put his head on my shoulder and wrapped his arms around my neck and I lost it. I just can't get over how much love you can have for your kids. As we made small circles in our cramped bathroom I couldn't help but think about the years that he has grown up and how fast he has changed from baby to boy and how many wonderful memories we've already had. Then I couldn't help but think about the future memories I might have. Maybe the day, hopefully 20+ years, when we are at his wedding (and I hope there is dancing) and having a mother/son dance. I had to snap back to the moment so I didn't lose this memory. There aren't going to be many moments where he will want to have me dance with him. As he gets older he wants to be more independent and I'm sure there will be times where I don't get to hug him everyday so I'm trying to soak up as much as I can.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Awww! That is so sweet. I would have cried too! :)
When did you get another blog and why didn't I know about it?!
Cute post though : )Very sweet : )
So sweet. I am always startled at how quickly kids grow up. Weren't they just in my belly yesterday!?!
Post a Comment