Tuesday, October 20, 2009

X's and Ohs

So I'm sure that all people have been there, suddenly in the presence of AN EX. I have a few of them...not many. I ran into this EX at the mall. I was getting backpack for Ben and the only store that had what I was looking for was at the store that this EX's family owns. (Really, what are the odds) I kinda felt my face go red and I suddenly felt SUPER self conscious about my clothes, weight, hair, makeup...everything. I started to talk to the EX's dad and I HAD to talk up life, talk about how crazy but great life was/is. I was talking about my cute boys and how well my family was doing. Now when I get nervous, I become like the THING THAT WOULDN'T SHUT UP. (Even more then how much I already talk...I know hard to believe) I keep talking so much that my mouth is dry and but I'm still talking! What is it about seeing EX's that makes you want to be better then them? Makes you feel like you have to have things better then they do, better life, better looking spouse, better looking kids, better cars, smarter then they are...or something! (If you don't ever feel this way then I guess I'm just super shallow, and snooty) I feel like I have a cute family (And I don't feel like I can play the 'look at me don't you wish you could still have me' card because I'm still post baby fat) so I felt like I can totally play the cute family card. I wrapped up the conversation and said something like..."It was nice to see you, tell your family I said hi"...blah, blah, blah. And I walked away thinking...why does that have to be so awkward? Well there are SOOO many obvious reasons. But does this have to ruin the joys of spending money at the mall? Does it have to destroy one of my favorite things to do? And most importantly....Why haven't I lost that last 20 lbs of baby fat so I can look and feel DAMN HOT?! Really the best part of this whole thing though was I got to walk out of that store and pass the other shops to where the hubs and my cute kids were and feel like I didn't miss out on anything. I'm very lucky that I have such a cute family and that I totally married someone sooo hot!

1 comment:

Vallen Family said...

Thanks babe. I'm glad he dumped you and that her car broke down.