Terms before Reading
I know that I already have a family blog, but this blog is just more for my own thoughts and experiences that may not be best for the family one. This is where the gloves come off. I'm probably a bit harsh and may not use the most lady like of words. (Which I will keep to a minimum) I'm starting this blog because I will spend time writing here on my computer where I might not spend the time writing in my journal. So please feel welcome to read and even leave comments (Which I love, unless they are totally harsh..in which I might just block you). I know that sometimes it might be hard to keep up with where I'm going with my thoughts but if you can relate or laugh then great.
Intro
For those of you who don't know (which is everyone since only my family knows what this means) NEUBA is what my childhood imaginary friend's family's (yes my imaginary friend had a whole family...who lived in New-tah) way of saying CHEERS; so my blog basically means CHEERS TO LIFE.
I have a lot of interesting experiences in life that some of you might relate to, some of them you might not. Either way this is a chance for you to get to know the REAL ME. (which often can be a bit scatter brained)
I was with my family at walmart...no, maybe I need to explain a bit more....I've recently had a baby and I'm still in the battle front with the evil enemy BABY FAT which means my wardrobe contains the much dreaded FAT CLOTHES. So back to the beginning...I'm at walmart with my family and I want a pair of (ironically) "skinny jeans". You know the kind of jeans that you would wear with a longer top and have them tucked into boots...Well I hate spending a lot of money on clothes that I'm not planning on staying in for much longer (hopefully) so I was kinda curious to see if walmart would have some (scary and sad that I would even admit to shopping there but we are still poor college students who have kids). I found a few dark blue colored jeans that I would try on, I asked my hubs to watch the kids while I tried on 2 pairs of jeans. I walked to the dressing area and felt like my life had hit a new rock bottom. I remember being in my late teens telling myself that I would NEVER let myself wear walmart clothes. But here I was my 24 year old self...trying on walmart pants. I quickly got over that because I became more worried that I wouldn't be able to FIT into these dreaded walmart pants. (Which one pair was tight and one was lose but both the same size, just a different cut) Granted I wish was in a smaller size but at least I didn't need to go into a bigger size RIGHT?! Each time that I slid on a pair of jeans I examined myself in the mirror and thought the following: Crap! Why am I so fat?! How does my butt look in these? Do these make me look like I'm a stuffed sausage? Would I really wear these if I bought them? Am I really going to buy walmart pants? While I was checking myself out in the blue jeans and being really critical of how I thought I looked I had another thought...How many girls/women/females try on clothes and feel crappy about how they look? How many of us are WAY TO HARD ON OURSELVES? It was a this moment that I decided that I wanted to write this blog. I need a way out of my head to TRY to make sense of what I'm thinking and feeling.
And I'm kinda sleepy...so I'm sorry if this has moments where it doesn't make sense.
Saturday, October 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Adorable Erica, i have to say you are not alone in the dreaded dressing rooms! I have been there way too many times to admit. I know exactly what it is like to see my fat in a distorted well lit mirror of the local walmart. Not pretty! love ya-S
Post a Comment