Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Walk It Off

Losing baby weight for some women is not a big deal, within a few days, weeks, or months they are back into their "pre-baby" clothes and weight. I guess for my body type I hold onto that baby weight longer then I feel is necessary. These days it seems that there is an expectation to lose the weight quickly or to not gain any weight while you are pregnant. Again, I'm NOT that lucky. There are so many times where I see what my body has turned into and it is very depressing. Before I had children I was (on average when I shoot for a healthy weight...at my skinniest I was 129 but who are we kidding that is NOT healthy for a woman of my height.) 142 lbs and 13-17% body fat. For a woman of 6 ft tall that is my ideal weight. I know that I could get close to that weight but I know that it will be a long time before I get to that weight again and I think it would not even happen until AFTER I'm DONE having children.
For the time being, I'm trying my best to balance regular life and exercises. My goal is to walk 20 miles a week and get in some exercises dvd's that target specific muscle groups. My mile average is right where I want it to be at 20.167.

I've been doing this for almost a month now and I have to say that I'm NOT seeing the weight loss that I was hoping for. BUT I TOTALLY see a difference in how I feel about myself. I feel like I can like myself more even though I'm not as skinny as I need/want to be.

My house isn't as clean as it normally is, my laundry piles are bigger then normal but I'm WAY more patient with my kiddos. In the end of my life, I don't think I will remember if my house was always spotless but I will remember all of the fun time I spent with my kids going to see the horses, farm animals, and going to the park.
I have never been into running before but I'm really enjoying this change. I want to be into this for the long haul. Speaking of which it's time for me to go walk it off.

2 comments:

Amy said...

129 is too skinny!!! I'm glad you don't weigh that much! I think you look great : ) Women who can loose baby weight in a few weeks and go back to their normal size is rare!

Home for Rent said...

You look awesome! I'm so happy for you that you're meeting your goal expectations! YAY!