Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Must Stay Awake


Do you remember a time before kids, and being married....Was it not that you LIVED for the night life and the weekends?! When me and the hubs were dating we would stay up past 3 and 4 am. I would run home to sleep for an hr or two then go back to school and proceed through the day just like the day before, not feeling any major side effects. Now....I get a few hrs less of sleep and you better watch you because the beast is going to attack! Last night we made, at the time a smart, and hasty choice of getting a new phone which extends our contract another year...Now if I wait 2 months and let our contract run to the end then we can switch to a different carrier for the same amount that we would spend every month BUT get unlimited everything...(really not that important to this post) The point I'm trying to make is...I stressed about what I should do and if I was making the right choice SO much that I did not sleep much...I slept from about 12:40 to 1:30 then from about 2 to 4:15...It got to the point that I knew if I went to sleep I would feel more sleepy then if I just stayed awake. Now I'm feeling grumpy. I have MORE things that I have to get done today...and I have to give the cool phone back....GRRR!!! Both my kids stayed up late and got up early today so that should make things all the more fun right? Nothing a little shopping therapy can't fix right? I just wish that I could make it through the day like it's no big deal that I didn't sleep much at all. There are some good points to getting older...but lets be honest many of them TOTALLY STINK!

1 comment:

Shani Ogden said...

Oh, that stinks! I'm game for shopping therapy though... ;)