Monday, February 1, 2010
Chicken and a Biscuit
Last night the fam and I were watching home movies...we were watching one where kiddo broke his leg. I had a few different extremes of feelings, first I felt all of that same panic where I didn't know how to make things better for my kid, and second as I was reflecting on what happened I thought about how despite how horrific the situation was, we were able to get through it. Not only were we dealing with our child who has already had several surgeries on his legs already but a new born child and my husband had lost his job all in less than a month. One of our many visits to the ER that week my son was so sleepy and so heavily medicated that he wasn't really aware of his surroundings and he started to say the word "Chicken and a Biscuit" (because dad said his cast smelled like it) For the rest of the week, and then some, every time he had a hard time we could say "Chicken and a Biscuit" and it would make him laugh and forget about the pain for a little bit...I want to remember all of the blessings we had during that time, and I want to remember that when things get tough, we can make it though. I think I want to make some kind of sign for my house that says when the going gets tough, the tough get "chicken and a biscuit". I'm so glad that things have returned to normal and that we are blessed to go through the normal ups and downs of life :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment