Monday, November 9, 2009
Your mom's got skills.
So I'm not a very crafty person. I don't scrap book, I'm still learning how to cook, (even though I've been married for almost 5 years, poor hubs)I don't know how to sew, and I don't make things...I like to pretend that I can take pictures (usually just of my kids). I know that everyone has talents but I'm not sure what mine are yet. I like to think that if I pick something up that I will magically be a natural at it and that I could become incredibly famous for it. So this month I'm trying to sew. My mom donated to the "ERICA FUND", a sewing machine. It's an older one but it works just fine. Especially for someone who is just starting out. Since money is tight it is one less thing for me to buy right now. If I do prove to have some sort of knack then I will buy a newer one. Today I've been practicing STRAIGHT LINES. Now I think sewing is much like learning how to write. When you first learn how to write your ABC's your lines are all squiggly, practice is the only way to change this. I also like to imagine that with my new found and instant talent of sewing that I will be able to make beautiful and colorful quilts such as the ones that Amish women make. i.e. the picture. Now I KNOW that it takes years of doing nothing but sewing to make a masterpiece such as this. But hey I can DREAM, that is the whole point of day dreams and what I say goes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That's gorgeous. If you pick up the sewing talent, teach me. :)
Post a Comment